[3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 03:38:46 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  109    55  Total Score = 7,810

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A very boring contest. Nothing special with tropo, and only two Es QSOs, N4BP
and NP4A. I very briefly heard N2NL and WC4H who I thought loud enough to be
workable, but no luck. W5PR was heard once at ESP level. I did operate old
school - no cluster, spotting, chat rooms, or the like.

Perhaps the bad propagation was just as well, as I was having a frustrating
time with the station. The SO2R box not working with N1MM+, which had not been
a previous problem. RX audio would switch but not the key/mic. I finally had to
just switch radios from the box itself. Saturday morning I went up the tower to
look at a higher than normal SWR on the 432 antenna. Hoped to find a wet
connector that would be easily fixed, but there is something beyond that which
will require further investigation.

Zero qsos in adjoining grids EN92 and FN02, and only one QSO from EN90. Sunday
I got tired of shutting down for passing storms, so went QRT earlier than
normal.

The good news was that I had been considering doing a one day rover operation.
With all the rain this weekend, it was good that I stayed home and stayed dry.

73  -  Jim K8MR