[3830] ARRL June VHF KO9A SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimkb3aft@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KO9A SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 03:39:41 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  244    87  Total Score = 24,012

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Well, that was...something!

No life changing enhancements or openings to speak of..."The Big One"
6m opening never came, although based upon the prop map near the end of the
contest, it appeared Mother Nature was attempting to help us all out.

Conditions here were significantly down from the past couple of years from both
an Es perspective and in terms of local activity.  The new rules helped buffer
the fall since it was very easy to add in > 20+ grids via WSJT modes that
likely wouldn't have been worked otherwise.  The new rules should make the Sept
and Jan contests much more interesting in my opinion.

Highlights include snagging WA5UFO for FFMA #417 worked, and completing day 1
local grid sweeps of K9JK/R and WB8BZK/R.  Meteor conditions were good to
outstanding and that helped absorb the downside of spotty to craptastic Es
conditions.

Definitely a bummer to miss both DM02 (heard partial calls both days) and FN67
(heard one "CQ NN1..." but certainly glad those efforts were put
forth and congrats to everyone who needed and snagged those two rare ones!

Thanks to everyone who took the time to attempt WSJT QSOs...I'm still amazed at
what is possible via Ms or Tropo with the WSJT tools at our disposal.  Fun
stuff.

73

Jim KO9A

Rig:  TS-2000X