[3830] ARRL June VHF K1FJM(N6ZE) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ze@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K1FJM(N6ZE) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 23:11:45 +0000
                    ARRL June VHF QSO Party

Call: K1FJM
Operator(s): N6ZE
Station: K1FJM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: dm04ne
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  62     28
    2:   0      0
  222:   0      0
  432:   0      0
  903:   0      0
  1.2:   0      0
  2.3:   0      0
  3.4:   0      0
  5.7:   0      0
  10G:   0      0
  24G:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  62     28  Total Score = 1,736

Club: ventura county amateur radio society

Comments:

On Sunday, I operated on 6 meters only by activating the Thousand Oaks EME Club
(K1FJM) to comply with ARRL VHF Contest rules restrictions. We had a nice
opening to the PNW in the morning and a fairly substantial one to KS, CO, TX,
etc for the last 3 hours of the contest.

On Saturday, because my XYL was 'under the weather', I did not have enough
hours available to conduct a Rover Operation from 2 or more grids. (There
really needs to be a category to permit operations from more than 1 location in
one grid!!!)so I operated as N6ZE/Portable-QRP (~2w)from an elevation of 2450 ft
in the Santa Monica Mountains (DM04qb) on 5 bands with an FT817 for 6,2,&
432 MHz SSB & an ALINCO DJ-G29 for 223 & 902 MHz FM. Only antennae were
whips. Best 902 MHz DX was to W6TE on Frasier Peak. This category should be
renamed "The Self Abuse Category or Masochist's Delight"!