[3830] ARRL June VHF N2JJ SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N2JJ SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2015 18:03:01 +0000

  24G:
-------------------
Total:  113    54  Total Score = 6,102

Club:

Comments:

Rig: FT897D
Ant: 6M - 2el Moxon
144/432 - 19" whip at rig

I set up the 897 and moxon in a second story bedroom Sat afternoon. The moxon
was constructed from salvaged pieces of an old TV antenna. I mounted it on a
section of a handle from a roof snow rake and the base was part of a discarded
floor lamp. It made for rapid antenna pointing. The whip was a 19" piece
of #12 romex stuck in the SO239 on the back of the rig. This was proof of
concept to see how the moxon would perform in roving situation for future
activities. I was pleased with way it played. The whip was just to get a few
multipliers on 2M, but was surprised to work K1WHS in Maine!