[3830] CWopsT VE9AA QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT VE9AA QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 20:09:44 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Jun 24

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:  10      5
   20:  18     18
   15:   3      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  31     24  Total Score = 744

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

99% OLD SKOOL...Heathkit HW-9 (3-4 watts flea power) pencil, paper, MFJ keyer
which oddly enough sounded more like a bug than an Iambic Keyer.  Simple
antennas & no towers.  Even though most of my Q's happened on 20m, it was
kinda tough to get most NA's to hear me there.  Conversely, I had a small
string of EU's I called in the last 10 minutes that were all worked on the
first call.  COndx?

Best ears? F6HKA (15m and 20m Q's)
Loudest? K1BG on 40m...end stop on the poor lil' HW-9

The HW-9's RX was wide as a barn door so it was really tough to know if I was
on someone's proper QRG or not. Lots of tweaking and re-calling with my peanut
whistle signal.

Thanks for all the QRP Q's !

Mike VE9AA