[3830] ARRL FD AF6GA 1B QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AF6GA 1B QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 06:46:24 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  128     0       0  Total Score = 1,280

Club:

Comments:

It’s been almost 30yrs since my first FD - RSGB VHF NFD.  Not sure why it’s
taken this long to get out and do it again, but the stars aligned and this was
the year.  Armed with an 80m doublet and a 1/4l vertical for 40m it was off to
the National Forest for some altitude and space.  Didn’t really have a
problem hearing, just had a problem being heard with 5w.  Next year I’ll
bring more ladder line and switch in a longer length and use the doublet on 40m
too.

Conditions were consistent with the last couple of weeks - 20m has been good
and this was were it was at again.  I was hoping 15m would come to life in the
afternoon but unfortunately not.  10m was silent.  Running didn’t work, so it
was all SnP.  I’d hoped for a few more Qs, but the limiter was BIC time.
Sitting in a camp chair for 11hrs was as much as I could handle.  Next year a
different chair is a must.

This was almost a completely retro operation.  No computers - paper logging and
dupe sheets.  For the repeats and to avoid tired sending mistakes used a K3
LogiKey.  At the start I missed the home Elecraft K3, but after about half an
hour got used to the K2.

Almost made WAS this weekend, except for the usual tough ones on the east
coast.  I heard RI but there was quite the pileup.  Overall it was a great
weekend.  Even when the run station dropped switched from GA? to an easier call
the frustration disappeared looking out over Lake County.  Thanks for all the Qs
and listening hard for the QRP entrants.  Hopefully be back next year for
more…

73,
Phil

- Score excludes bonus: Emergency Power, Alternate Power.  Probably got 90% of
the ARRL bulletin but some QRM got in the way...will have to listen to two
separate sessions to get the fills next time.