[3830] RAC Day VE3BR SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE3BR SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 01:35:17 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    2              1
   80:   19      3       4         1
   40:   96     15       9         8
   20:   75     33      10         9
   15:   24      4       8         2
   10:    1              1
    6:
    2:
Total:  217     55      33        20  Total Score = 99,322

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM 14.6.0

My first time in the RAC Canada Day Contest. Had to fall back on my old N1MM
logger, because N1MM+ despite unchanged (and correct) set-up in configuration
refused to recognize me as a Canadian station and insisted on treating me as a
DX (saying that my callsign and ARRL section do not agree). I didn't feel like
fighting this and just switched to the old logger. Just poking around, because
the weather was too good to miss out on the outdoors. Very pleasant experience
despite mediocre conditions (with my set-up only 40 and 20 were workable, 15
marginal, 80 really bad, 160 and 10 non-existent). In fact, I managed only 1
QSO on 10m thanks to Nick VE3EY who graciously moved there for me - thanks for
the multiplier. Enjoyed the contest nonetheless. Thanks for the Qs. Happy
Canada Day!