[3830] IARU VK2CZ SOABSSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU VK2CZ SOABSSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 13:27:01 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VK2CZ
Operator(s): VK2CZ
Station: VK2CZ

Class: SOABSSB HP
QTH: Sydney
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:           1      1
   80:           1      1
   40:           1      1
   20:         165     50
   15:          72     13
   10:           8      8
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     241     71      37  Total Score = 55,250

Club:

Comments:

Part time effort here, interrupted by storm force winds and lightning on
arguably the coldest day seen in Sydney for like 4 years ..  still +4 C.. snow
falling about 100km away !

Using a TH7DX Antenna at 10m above ground, IC7600 and 400w amp.

Peculiar conditions with 20m long path and 15m short path alternating each
other, and things would change within minutes, so always a surprise ..  10m was
open, well judging by the beacons and the handful of station game to go there -
and real easy to assume 10m was dead.

I don't want to be disparaging, but DA0HQ on 20m was like 8khz wide here in
Australia, and that is with a hard receiver front end here... so I feel for
stations who used average receivers closer in..

Very little from Oceania.. maybe 15qso's all up..
Most populous zone in my log was from zone 28, followed by zone 08.

Regards,
David Burger VK2CZ
IEEE History Committee - Chair 2015