[3830] IARU N1LN SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N1LN SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 21:26:11 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 11
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:   29     0       4        1
   40:  303     0      22       35
   20:  433     0      23       40
   15:  166     0      22       29
   10:    6     0       2        3
-------------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

We usually enter in the M/S category but the team did not come together this
year, so I decided to enter in SOAB-A CW for a casual effort. During the day
Saturday 10 never opened, 15 was so-so, and 20 was marginal. 40 meters was in
great shape except for the high noise and static crashes. After taking a few
breaks for household tasks and dinner I pulled the switch around 2200 local
(0200 UTC).  Got back on Sunday morning around 0600 local (1000 UTC) and both
40 and 20 were in great shape. The final 2 hours of the contest were fun.  I
must apologize to the JAs there were calling as I could not pull them through
the noise.  After taking a beverage walk late Saturday morning I found out why.
 The NW beverage that was working fine when I went to bed was now almost on the
ground. Must have had a deer event overnight.

Thanks for the Qs and see you in NAQP-CW. We will be entering M2 with the
regular crew.

73,
Bruce - N1LN