[3830] IARU WN6K SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wn6k@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] IARU WN6K SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 05:43:47 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 22:38

  160:   10       0     3       0
   80:   63       0     5       2
   40:  399       0    22       6
   20:  327       0    18      18
   15:   68       0    11       3
   10:    1       0     1       0
-------------------------------------
Total:  868    2662    60      29  Total Score = 236,918

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Due to the higher Mult Count over last year, I was slightly ahead of that score.
The 10m/15m bands were non-open condition here probably mostly attributable to
the solar activities that shot the A Index to over 25 and K was at least a 4. I
only barely worked those on 15 but the noise and sigs were way down in the mud
most of the time.

As a result, I pushed harder on 40 but summer atmospherics and very short shot
at EU gave us only a handful of opportunities there for we LP/CQers.

Hopefully my UBNs were better this year - I sent your CALL at least 3 times but
I must say only got corrections by JAs. Thanks to N5ZO for FIVE bands (Marko is
local and moved me to 10m for that band's only contact.

The JAs were not as plentiful after the 'first layer of Loud' was worked.  At
the end of the contest, I had trouble hearing the Lower Layer of Soft on 40m -
many SSB, Chipmonks and other creature sounds on that band that made it
difficult (along with having to use toothpicks to keep that eyes open) to stay
awake.

WN6K, Paul