[3830] NAQP RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NN7SS(K6UFO) Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 18:15:57 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

   80:    7     4
   40:   53    25
   20:  119    39
   15:   66    32
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  246   101  Total Score = 24,846

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Golden Gate

Comments:

Operating remote from CA to WA, so please pardon my fumbles and delays.
Single radio, single VFO, as I have not been able to get SO2V working
over the remote link, yet. Thursday night practice was OK, but I missed
the Friday practice for a club meeting.

I tried to get started on 10m :)  Solar Flux Index of 97 not enough.

Even 15m wasn't much more encouraging. Lots of weak signals I couldn't
work. I heard many nice Mults - that couldn't hear me. Heard a KH6 but
never connected.

Finally, I just followed the crowd up to 20m for crowd-fest. Sure, in the
somewhat empty spots I would CQ until someone moved in. I could always
start a little run by trying to eat or read email.

I took my break from 01z to 03z, but sunset not until 04z. When I returned,
still plenty of signals on 20m. I roamed for an hour, then 40m and 80m
to the end.

Was every W9 on-the-air?  Nice to work so many new calls.

NN7SS Burt WA (op K6UFO)

Remote from San Francisco to W7/Tacoma on RemoteHamRadio.com
10, 15, 20m: Force12 C-31XR at 72'
40m: Force12 2 Element Yagi at 78'
80m: Full wave Delta Loop at 80'
Elecraft K3 set to 5 watts