[3830] CQWW VHF AE0EE/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wsmitchell3@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AE0EE/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2015 23:01:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: AE0EE/R
Operator(s): AE0EE K0BBC
Station: AE0EE/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 5:40

    6:   9     3
    2:   4     2
-------------------
Total:  13     5  Total Score = 85

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

100 W and a Moxon on 6 m (up 20-25'); 50 W and a 3-element yagi on 2 m (up
15').

Went out to the grid corner near Winsted, MN (EN24, 25, 34, 35) on Sunday, and
set up the small antennas on a Buddipole mast.  One of the hopes was to make
some JT65 or FSK-441 contacts, however that was not realized.  Maybe some other
time.

Not a lot of action (or propagation) when we were out, although there was a
brief opening to K2DRH in EN41 on 2m, where his signal came up to S9.  That was
it for the grids beyond the ones we activated.

Many thanks to K0SIX, who got a sweep of our grids on 6m, and to NY0A, who we
worked on both bands from three of the grids.  Also K2DRH for the good DX, and
KC0VFP for the variety.  It seemed like there weren't that many locals on the
air Sunday.

The weather was quite nice, and we had a good time getting out of the city and
playing radio for a few hours.