[3830] NAQP CW N4VI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cadamsins@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N4VI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 14:54:18 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N4VI
Operator(s): N4VI
Station: N4VI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:
   80:   67    29
   40:  126    45
   20:  184    40
   15:   67    31
   10:   28    13
-------------------
Total:  522   158  Total Score = 82,476

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GMCC San Luis

Comments:

Felt like a boy among men!

Who let the VE3's out? This may not be a new phenomenon, but with my level of
(in)activity, it's new to me. ve3 was the 3rd most worked mult after CA and
TX.

Started 1h 15m late, which (appeared)to have lasting ramifications as I had to
spend a reasonable mount of time on those bands trying to get mults. Once I
went to 20m, it was going gangbusters and it became apparent the time spent on
the higher bands may not have been a good strategy. SO2R (and good op) would
have been quite helpful for this scenario.

The money bands were 20/ and 40m. Band noise was a minor factor on 40m and a
big factor on 80m. Having read some comments, it appeared be be a bigger
problem for me than most. An rx antenna would have come in handy, except I need
a palce to plug it in on the Icom 746. Oh well.

Logging: TR log (DOS) w/Pentium 100MHz computer! (Oh, you should see the
monitor!)
Rig: Icom 746

Antennas:

80m: dipole 40' - E/W
40m: dipole 40' - E/W
20/15/10m: VE7CA wire beam, apx 30' - fixed E
15m - 40m dipole

Should have 160m capability by NAQP phone. All in all, a good time.

73's de Chris/N4VI