[3830] NAQP CW WA4PSC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WA4PSC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 17:01:32 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WA4PSC
Operator(s): WA4PSC
Station: WA4PSC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Chapel Hill, NC
Operating Time (hrs): 9:57

  160:   30    18
   80:  115    33
   40:  151    37
   20:  197    40
   15:   84    31
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  577   159  Total Score = 91,743

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC North Carolina 1

Comments:

Fun contest, but it is always humbling to run from my modest home station after
using super-stations...ah well, maybe when I win the lottery...

Started the contest looking around on 10M which was totally flatlined from
here, not a soul to be heard, so I dropped to 15M which seemed sort of open,
except just not that many people heard from here before only running into
dups.
20M was great and proved the best band of the contest, although had it been a
little longer, 40M could have been as well.  Had quite a few great runs,
punctuated by S&P.

Had dinner plans so I took both two hours between 8 and 10PM, which turned out
to be a strategic error: that may have been peak for the contest.  Next year
I'll just start two hours late and risk upsetting the XYL.  I dropped into 80M
and 160M after the break to pick up mults and that was that!

Equipment:
Antennas: 160M Carolina Windom, two KD9SV reversible beverages
Rig: Elecraft K3

Thanks to every one who worked me through the static crashes and sent multiple
repeats.  This hobby is full of fine people, and I'm proud of the PVRC North
Carolina 1 team!!

Cheers & 73,

Howie - WA4PSC