[3830] NAQP CW W4MR(@AA4NC) M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4nc@aol.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW W4MR(@AA4NC) M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2015 20:05:01 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: W4MR
Operator(s): OZ1AA N4YDU AA4NC
Station: AA4NC

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:  100    32
   80:  316    50
   40:  500    54
   20:  407    51
   15:  239    38
   10:   55    21
-------------------
Total: 1617   260  Total Score = 420,420

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Operators:

Tom OZ1AA
Nate N4YDU
Will AA4NC

This was the first time doing M2 from here. It was an absolute last minute
decision to operate. Tom, OZ1AA was visiting here this week and wanted to
operate a domestic contest for the first time from the US. N4YDU had been
hanging out with us this week and so we had our 3 man team. Since my station is
wired for SO2R, we fired up my "antique" Yaesu FT990 that had not been
powered up in about 18 months for the second station. It performed flawlessly,
and reminded me of how good those old Yaesu radios were (are)! My 1996 model
FT1000MP still runs with the best of them as well.

Besides being a world class cyclist, Tom is also a world class CW operator.
Nate can  check his e-mail, send text messages, eat snacks, drink beer and hold
a conversation while never letting the CW rate drop under 150/hour!

15 meters was surprisingly good, but the low bands were not in great shape,
despite a fairly low level of summertime QRN.

It was a lot of fun! Thanks for the Qs...

73,

Will AA4NC