[3830] NAQP CW AE0EE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW AE0EE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 02:57:27 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:
   40:  198    44
   20:  113    30
   15:   31    17
   10:   24    12
-------------------
Total:  366   103  Total Score = 37,698

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA Vermillion

Comments:

100 W into dipoles at 25'.  A few vibroplex QSOs, then switched to the iambic
paddle for the rest.  No memory/computer keyer.

I had fun with this contest.  The bands were in good shape, although I was
surprised how few people were on 10 and 15 given that they seemed quite open.
I wasn't quite operating the full time, and would have liked to get a few more
QSOs (and mults!) on 10 and 15.  All the antennas are portable and set up the
night before or morning of, so the 80/160 m fan dipole was left down.  From the
way 40 m was acting, 80 would have been useful for me.  There was too much time
spent on 40 m calling into nothingness or having worked all the other stations
I heard calling.

My shack has no internet access, and the forecast I heard before I went out
there called for storms Saturday evening/night.  I was pleased when, on
Saturday afternoon, the NOAA weather radio was saying that the forecast for the
evening and night was clear.  Despite getting tired and the rate dropping toward
the end, I stuck with it.  After the contest (1 AM local) as I was brushing my
teeth, I noticed a flash out the window.  There was indeed a thunderstorm in
the area, and heading generally in my direction.  So out I went to at least get
the antennas on the ground (that's the kind of lightning protection I have!).
Not long afterward, I heard a few rumbles of thunder, but the storm did not hit
my location, and the lightning was not much closer than the edge of the
thunder's audible range.