[3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K3CCR M/2 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 Aug 2015 16:11:01 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): K3DI N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:
   80:  163    38
   40:  177    40
   20:  252    46
   15:   97    26
   10:
-------------------
Total:  689   150  Total Score = 103,350

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington retirement community
in FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. For the July 2015 CW NAQP available ops were
K3DI, N3UM and W3GB. With ages from mid-70s to mid-80s we face slower QSO rates,
less appetite for long hours BIC without breaks, and/or rusty CW skills.  We
hoped commitment, teamwork, and good setups (Skyhawk with triplexer, high
inverted Vs, Orion II, FT1000MP Mk5, MRP40 CW copier, AR Cluster V6) would
compensate: they did, reasonably well. Operating Multi-two, we had two BIC for
most of the 12 hours, never less than one in all half-hours. As a team we were
pleased to claim 689 QSOs (57/hr avg.) and a score of 103K, better than we did
as single ops years ago in this Test.  Propagation and activity were pretty
good on 15 thru 80 m.  We worked 45 states, missing only DE, RI, VT, SD, and
AK.