[3830] CWopsT N1EN LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N1EN LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 14:38:52 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Aug 5

Call: N1EN
Operator(s): N1EN
Station: N1EN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:  16     16
   20:   7      7
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  23     23  Total Score = 529

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

I'm a telecommuter, so my participation in CWTs is dependent on work duties.
Mostly I sneak in during the day for a quick CW break, and to perhaps test
something new.

In between phone calls, I took this CWT as an opportunity to test-drive the
reconfigured shack.

After a bit of a setback due to a death in the family last month, with the help
of a local retired broadcast engineer, the K3 kit I won in a YCCC raffle has
been assembled, and this weekend I rewired and rearranged the shack so that the
new K3 can sit alongside the old one.

The new K3 was christened in this morning's CWT.

This wasn't a true SO2R effort; more a getting to get introduced to any glaring
quirks and gremlins that didn't show up in testing.

But man, SO2R seems a LOT nicer when you have two of the same make/model xcvrs
rather than a mix of one contest-grade radio and one average mobile.

Now, to find a taller chair, since the main monitor is now too darn high, and
to see if I can track down the source of an virtually inaudible 60Hz that I see
in the waterfall....