[3830] WAE CW KH7XX(N2NL) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW KH7XX(N2NL) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 04:06:21 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: KH7XX
Operator(s): N2NL
Station: KH6YY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Oahu
Operating Time (hrs):

   80:    1           1
   40:   60          21
   20:  595          47
   15:   72          27
   10:    0
-------------------------
Total:  728   580   215  Total Score = 281,005

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Very difficult conditions from the north central Pacific.  Signals the first day
rarely exceeded S5 and in most cases were S0 at the noise floor.  Really no 15m
or 40m at all the first day.  Things improved slightly the second day, with a
short 40m LP opening at my sunset (almost no mutual darkness this time of
year), and an equally short 15m opening shortly after sunrise.  Every time the
Bz went negative, EU signals seemed to disappear.  I spent 3 hours CQing
Saturday while operating SO1R and watching movies on my tablet in the 2nd radio
position; I had one EU caller during this time for a 0.3 QSO/hr rate.  I also
had a difficult time dumping QTCs the second day and ended up with far too many
unsent.  I think the weak signals made many scared to try.

Still, a bad radio weekend is still fun and overall it was an enjoyable
contest.  The last time I operated this contest seriously was back in the
1990's from N2RM's QTH.

Many thanks again to Kimo KH7U and Alex KH6YY for without their graciousness I
wouldn't have had the opportunity to operate.

73, Dave KH6/N2NL