[3830] WAE CW N2YO(@NR4M) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ciprian@sufitchi.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N2YO(@NR4M) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 05:49:16 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N2YO
Operator(s): N2YO
Station: NR4M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 36

   80:  125    40   148
   40:  355   410   132
   20:  630   654   100
   15:  398   420    92
   10:   26    10    34
-------------------------
Total: 1534  1534   506  Total Score = 1,552,408

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This weekend I had the multi-multi station at NR4M all for myself - thanks
Steve!
It was great to feel the gain of those big antennas in a single operator
contest, but when I had to jump between bands, I had to literally do it (I used
a rolling chair actually).
Bands were pretty good despite the K-index which stayed between 3 and 4 and a
low solar flux. As expected, 10 meters was almost dead, especially on day 2. 80
meters was quiet for the month of August and gave me a chance to improve the
multiplier (weight factor is 4 for this band, per WAE rules). The 15 meters
stayed open longer for Europe on day 2.
Mr. Murphy visited the Goat Farm on Sunday morning when the only antenna
available on the 15 meters stack, which worked great on Saturday, started
having issues to the point that it became unusable. It was Steve's idea to use
the top 40 meters antenna (4 el OWA) on 15 meters band. It really worked well,
but I didn't put more than 7-800 W on it, with 1.7 SWR. I have no idea what
radiation pattern was.
Great participation, nice EU signals. I had tons of fun. Thanks again, Steve!

73s de Chip N2YO