[3830] WAE CW K1TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW K1TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 11:41:20 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:   7     0     4
   10:
-------------------------
Total:   7     0     4  Total Score = 56

Club:

Comments:

This is a PW (personal worst) for me, otherwise I would not bother to post it.
After I moved here (to Florida) a year ago I wrote, on this 3830 stage, that my
contest expectations were "very low." The only question in my mind was
"how low?" A year ago, in this very same WAE CW contest, I made 92
QSOs. with an indoor antenna. Go figure.

This past weekend was one on the radio when I had to look outdoors to see if my
66-foot end-fed wire had fallen out of its tree (no, it was still up). I barely
understand wave propagation, so I can only guess that this antenna works only
on certain arriving wave angles and not at all on some.

I listened to 20 and 15 Meters both Saturday and Sunday and there seemed to be
nearly zero propagation to Europe.

One silver lining to this weekend was nobody asked me for QTCs.

I looked at the scores submitted so far on 3830 and find that my 56 points will
be the lowest, so here it goes. Now to hope that some scoundrel doesn't come in
even lower, to knock me off my bottom perch.

A lot of life down here seems to be inverted, compared to living up north, kind
of like living in Australia, maybe. August down here is the time to stay inside
near an air conditioner, and play radio. But there isn't much radio to play.

Jim K1TN
West Central Florida