[3830] WAE CW N1UR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N1UR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 08:27:01 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:  104          34
   40:  314          36
   20:  508          48
   15:  510          45
   10:   28          16
-------------------------
Total: 1464  1460   179  Total Score = 1,332,870

Club:

Comments:

I have never competed in WAE CW before.  I am usually
travelling.  I decided to make time for it this year
but even then had to quit at 21Z on Sunday to head to
the airport.

Conditions were typical for geomagnetic disturbed in the
summertime here in Vermont.  I was often listening to
K1LZ work people on 10 and 15 that I could not hear.  Also,
80M was very strongly hit by the disturbance.  That all
being said, it was a fun contest.

I had hoped to put in a full 36 hours even though I was
leaving early.  On both nights - right after sunrise EU time
the rates dropped significantly and the 20M opening here
was about 0945Z.  So it was hard to put in 36 hours.  I
did work some nice Russia around 0130Z but the volume of
callers was not big.

The participation in this contest does not seem as strong
on the EU side as the SSB version in September.  I think
its fighting for summertime plans and that many people are
intimidated by the QTC process (who can blame them).

I was glad I could try it this year.  Especially because I will
not be available for the WAE SSB.

See you next in CQWW SSB.

Ed N1UR