[3830] NAQP SSB VE9AA Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB VE9AA Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:23:12 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 2:26

  160:
   80:    1     1
   40:   45    16
   20:   75    25
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  121    42  Total Score = 5,082

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Propagation - what propagation?  I thought perhaps my antennas had fallen over
or my remote coax switch was not switching.
As others have said, not a single signal on 10m.
HEard one weak stn on 15m, but I think it was from Brazil.
Twenty was a slog.  Nearly everyone was S1 or weaker.  Those that were s4 or 5
had big pileups, which begs the questions....why were only a select few really
really loud (comparatively speaking).....hmmm....Ameritron Antennas?

With the A & K being so high and me being closer to the Au oval than most,
this is what KL7's must feel like.

Sad to read of KO7X's passing.  Always could count on Alan for Wyoming and I
would listen for his unique voice...RIP Al.

The only saving grace in this pitifully propagated contest was that I got to
say hello to contesting friends like W4ML,  N2BJ, N3QE, K9CT, N5DX, WA2JQK,
NR5M, K4RUM, VE3CX, W6SX, K4BAI, many of whom I normally work in the larger CW
contests or the weekly CWT's.

The was a pure struggle and often it felt like I was attempting to work Bhutan
or China or VK6 or something the signals were just that bad here up under the
colourful curtain of contempt. (Au oval)

Well, I have probably complained about the prop long enough.

It sure was good to say hi to many (and I did take a second or so to do that,
contesting rate be damned. (what rate?)....as it was obvious (at least to me)
that this contest was more for fun than to win a big shiny trophy. I don't
think it's one of the WRTC qualifying events.

Nice to see so many UNFAMILIAR calls too....I hope they come back despite
pi$$p00r condx.

73 de Mike VE9AA, dit dit