[3830] NAQP SSB NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:20:13 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 06:00

  160:    6     6
   80:   28    14
   40:   39    20
   20:   44    20
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  117    60  Total Score = 7,020

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Southwest VA 3

Comments:

First contact was Bill, KC4D who is about 6.5 miles by air away.  He is running
on 20 meters and I can't hear the stations calling.  The band is dead.  The
question - is my radio or antennas bad.  I check all, but nothing can be found
wrong.  The reports I heard on the band is how bad it is.  And I agree. I never
heard the first call on 15 or 10 meters when I checked.  However, I did my usual
mode of S&P in casual manner of taking breaks, walks, entertaining visitors
and a great-grand-girl.  So, I had fun.

I need to work on better antennas.

Rick
NN4RB

Station:
N1MM+
ICOM IC-756PRO
(20 meter)Mosely TA-33jr, Ham IV @ about 40'
80/40 dual dipole at about 44'
(80, 40, & 160) 35' vertical on top of metal storage shed - Remote tuned
TMC_ATS-2_Antenna Tuner at antenna
450' Beverage - not a great help.  It dropped the noise, however the signal
also dropped out.  (Need to check for fallen limb damage.)