[3830] NAQP SSB NR4C Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB NR4C Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 18:53:43 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: NR4C
Operator(s): NR4C
Station: NR4C

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:28

  160:    2     2
   80:   52    19
   40:   39    17
   20:   41    16
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  134    54  Total Score = 7,236

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC Colonial Capital 1

Comments:

The bands sucked!

I didn't get as much time to work this as I had hoped but did put in
about 5 1/2 hours.  I tried 10 and 15 meters many times, but never saw a single
pip on the panadapter.

Did I mention that the bands were not very friendly?

I had severaal periods where the noise was around S7, (the good times) but
mostly it was S9+ a bunch!  i did pick  up one QSO on 160, then went back to 40
only to work a station that said he was going to 160 in a minute, so I chganged
bands again and worked him. I'm primarily a S&P contestor but tried running
on 80 at the end and had a run for 10 minutes and fumbled through fourteen
contacts (~84/m).  Bit it was getting late and I had to go to bed.

Did I mention that the bands sucked?

The good news is that my new K3S did well.  People have asked if I can tell any
difference in the K3S vs the K3.  Well, several times I was able to work both
stations where two QSOs occupied less than 4 KHz easier than with the K3. I
also used my 1.8KHz filter more this time than before.  It worked best when I
also shiffted a little toward the low side to get a bit more of the lower audio
freqs in the passband.  This was the first contest for the new rig and I am
impressed.

BTW:  My claimed score from n1mm included one "MT2" which is not
included in the "3830" score form resulting in an error.  Please
explain why you don't include this in the "3830" scores.

bc nr4c