[3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6AQ) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N6AN(@W6AQ) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 06:24:57 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6AQ

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   68       1
   40:  104    1:45
   20:   73    1:15
---------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

Thank you, Dave Bell, for the use of your station!
K3+KPA500+SteppIR DB36 w/80 dipole option+N1MM.

Conditions were not great, but the lack of activity was the real problem.
20 felt like a ghost town at times the first hour. It might have been
wise to go to 40 around 0030Z and come back instead of dragging on 20.
40 was better during the 01Z hour but slowed down quickly. My third hour was
frustrating, then things picked up some on 80.
My hourly breakdown is not pretty. 70/62/42/71
80 sounded pretty good. I heard K1AR on 80 but was out of sync. Glad I got John
on 40. K3LR, K3UA and N2NT made it into the log on 80.
I did pretty well with mults considering the low QSO total. KC0W and AA5B were
on my radar, and it took a long time to be in sync.
VO2AC came back to my call, but with the slow going I realized my previous QSO
had been on that frequency so I tuned away. Just VO2 and VE3 heard.
XE2S, Marco, was copied a couple of times but I couldn't get in sync.
Did I hear KL5K or similar? Wonder if anyone got AK?
K5CM was working a QSO party and I decided not to hassle him. No OK.
Certainly I set a record for number on unanswered CQs. Yeesh!
Still the best four hours of contesting!
73,
David N6AN