[3830] ARRL Sep VHF KO9A SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimkb3aft@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF KO9A SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 00:13:10 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  145    55  Total Score = 9,790

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

My first serious effort in this contest from this QTH.  It was great fun to see
what my puny station could do with mostly flat conditions.  The new rules were
a significant benefit to me as many QSOs would not have happened without online
coordination.

Highlights were snagging K9JK/R and WB8BZK/R on all possible band/grid combos,
and the many 6m meteor scatter QSOs that made it in the log.  The hourly rates
while running FSK441 are small, but I find it great fun to reel in multiplier
after multiplier in the wee hours of the AM.  I wish more folks out East would
give it a try!

Local activity was surprisingly decent considering all of the possible
distractions (W9DXCC, NFL Week 1, College Football, MLB, etc.).

Many thanks to everyone for pulling me out of the noise!

73

Jim KO9A

Rig:  Kenwood TS-2000X
Ant:  Create Log Periodic @ 30'