[3830] NA Sprint CW N9NM LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9nm_barb@ctesc.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N9NM LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 20:50:51 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N9NM
Operator(s): N9NM
Station: N9NM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:  16
   40:  22
   20:  26
---------------------
Total:  64     Mults = 23  Total Score = 1,472

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: Austin Aces

Comments:

This was my first NA Sprint, so it was quite a challenge for me.  I was amazed
at how fast you guys can send cw;  I felt like a turtle in comparison.  I
haven't done a lot of contesting, I am more a DXer, so sending cw using the
function keys in N1MM was also a new experience for me.  But I eventually
caught on, and really did have a lot of fun!

I was on for all 4 hours of the contest, but I only made 64 contacts. It took
me a little while to remember  what to send and how far away to QSY each time.
But toward the end I was starting to get better at it, and it was really neat!

I belong to CTDXCC and am a member of the Austin Aces group.  N3BB, Jim,
invited me to join the group, and cheered me on, and coached me on the contest
rules and procedures.  I would have been so lost without his help.  I wish that
I could have made a better score, to help my group.  I'm sorry guys!  I really
did do my best.

Also I want to say thanks to all the guys that I worked. You were all so
patient with my slow cw and confusion.  Many of you slowed down for me, and no
one grumbled at me for asking for repeats.  I really appreciated all of your
patience and kindness!

I hope to do this again next year. But until then I have a lot of things to
practice and get better at.

Thanks again everyone.  I had a great time!

My rig is a K3 at 100w. Vertical antenna.