[3830] NA Sprint CW N4XFA HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW N4XFA HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 01:58:42 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: N4XFA
Operator(s): N4XFA
Station: N4XFA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Georgia
Operating Time (hrs): 4.0

   80:   18      .5
   40:   46     1.5
   20:   39       2
---------------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Team: Ad Hoc

Comments:

Ouch!  First contest in quite a long time and I picked one heck of a fast
contest to cut my teeth in!   Some of the sending was so fast and lightly
weighted, it was nearly impossible to copy.  I would imagine that this is a
by-product of computer generated morse.  I have always used CT as a contest
logging program and transitioning was tough.

Likewise, this was my first foray into N1MM as a logging program.  I adjusted
decently, but had a few logging issues that slowed me down.  During a band
change to 40 meters, I had a cable loose on the remote coax switch and every
time I hit the x-mit button, my twin 27" LCD monitors would blank out and
restart!  I soon located a loose PL-259 connector and tightened it up.

Thanks to John Laney, K4BAI, for asking me to compete on his team, Ad Hoc.  He
is a wealth of contesting knowledge, as he has been entering contests since a
year prior to my birth!

I can't wait to get into the next CW test, as this sprint has really fueled the
fire in me!  Hopefully, I will have tower number two going up to cover 40 and 80
meters using yagis.

See y'all in the pile ups!

73's
Chris