[3830] WAE SSB CU4DX M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, brucefrahmk0bj@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB CU4DX M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2015 18:04:07 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: CU4DX
Operator(s): K0BJ IV3VSC
Station: CU4DX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Graciosa
Operating Time (hrs): 43

   80:   50    32    25
   40:  118   183    40
   20:  455   186   116
   15:  267   421    61
   10:   18    24    14
-------------------------
Total:  908   846   256  Total Score = 827,888

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Fun to be part of the 3-island ARRL-related groups.  CU7CRA had antenna and
other issues. CR1IZ had more Qs on 20 than we had total, and beat us on Qs on
40 - 179 to 118.  Claudio and I both enjoy S&P, and on the other stats we
had higher numbers.... we even had 5 more mults on 20.  Bottom line, our raw
score was ~150K higher despite a 1300+ to 900 QSO advantage. Sometimes S&P
pays  :-)

For 6/7 of our group it was a first visit to CU-land. We all had a couple days
on San Miguel and enjoyed the dramatic volcanic scenery, food and people. We
had a final day together on San Miguel again to celebrate with our facilitators
CU2CE CU2YL and CU2DX.  Obrigado!

Claudio and I had our meals at the Club Sport Maritimo, home of the island
soccer team. CU4AB's XYL is the cook and Guillermo helps out there. We felt
part of the local scene and surely enjoyed the food and vinho. CU4AB is at an
old telecom site, perched dramatically and advantageously on a high hill near
the Atlantic.

I hope to return soon to these beautiful islands.  Mni tnx to Claudio for
sharing the adventure.  He's pileup inured from ops as ET3VSC and has operated
VHF contests but this was his first HF 'test. Grazie mille !

Photos of our weeklong adventure at
https://picasaweb.google.com/111515057687619621489/Azores