[3830] 144FallSprnt K1WHS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k1whs@metrocast.net
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt K1WHS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 19:26:23 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K1WHS
Operator(s): K1WHS
Station: K1WHS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN43mj48ro
Operating Time (hrs): 4

Total:  QSOs = 67  Mults = 24  Tot Dist(km) = 1  Total Score = 1,608

Club:

Comments:

I was looking forward to a nice Sprint and my plan was to try aiming in the less
popular directions and look for DX. I spent plenty of time looking west and
ignored the VHF hotspots of NYC and Philly most of the time. I was very pleased
at the number of stations worked out to the West. Some Sprints I work nothing
out there, but this time I snagged EN93, EN92, FN03, and FN02. I worked two,
count 'em 2!, stations in FN13. To the southwest, I never worked or heard
K8TQK, but did snag WA3EOQ in FM09 and KD8UD and WA4LM down near the coast.
 Thanks to all those ops out to the west. VA3ELE/r in four grids (busy boy),
VE3ZV, VE3YCQ, and VE3DS. No luck with the VE2s in FN25 and 35. I never heard
anyone up there. A nice surprise was working three stations in FN54 to my
northeast. At least I got one of those grids in that direction. Many times I
hear nothing. I think the band condition was a bit up and the activity level
was up too. It was so much fun I hated to quit at 11 PM!