[3830] 144FallSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 144FallSprnt K9JK/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2015 11:14:21 +0000
                    144 MHz Fall Sprint

Call: K9JK/R
Operator(s): K9JK
Station: K9JK/R

Class: Rover LP
QTH: IL-EN51/52/61/62
Operating Time (hrs): 3

Total:  QSOs = 38  Mults = 21  Tot Dist(km) = 2561  Total Score = 798

Club:

Comments:

Bummer that Bruce improved the call checking code so I can no longer put
C0ROVERolla in as the "Station Call".

 More than double last year's 18 QSOs and 30% more multipliers but one
less unique mult. and lower total DX by 60 km.

Omni antenna at my end (KB6KQ 2m loop at about 4' above the roof of the
CoROVERolla) with an FT-897D transceiver, barefoot. I did have a three
element yagi that I tried for a bit but my best DX of the evening was
made with the omni loop, from EN61ax up to Stan, W8MIL in EN74, 321 km,
right at 200 miles.

Increased activity over 2014 with 15 different calls contacted as
compared to last year's 11. EN62 was MY 'missing' multiplier as I
made 12 contacts FROM EN62 but didn't get it myself. At least last
year's absence of EN51 was corrected with three different stations on
and active from there.

Besides the three of the local four Grids that I visited (EN51, 52 and
61), EN41, EN50, EN53 and EN74 completed the seven unique multipliers
in this year's log. Best mult. count from any single grid was six,
from EN61 and EN62, followed by 5 from EN52 and 4 from EN51.

For "DX", the earlier mentioned QSO with W8MIL was the longest, ten
other QSOs were in the 100-200 km range, 2 at 70 km and the remainder
were 50 km or less.

Thanks to all who were on and participated.

Thanks to the SVHFS for their continued Sponsorship of the Fall Sprints
and to Bruce Horn, WA7BNM for supporting the Sprints and so many OTHER
radiosport events with the 3830scores.com web site.

73, JK