[3830] Salmon Run N7WA/M MobileMixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Salmon Run N7WA/M MobileMixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2015 19:28:55 +0000
                    Washington State Salmon Run

Call: N7WA/M
Operator(s): N7WA
Station: N7WA/M

Class: MobileMixed LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0      0      0
   80:   32      2      0
   40:  124      5      0
   20:  301     27      0
   15:   13      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  470     34      0  Mults = 62  Total Score = 91,636

Club: Mike & Key ARC

Comments:

I went solo on this one - twenty counties in eastern Washington.
I think I was on the road about 30 hours (including travel time
to and from Seattle) of which about only 8 were actually spent
operating. I was pretty loopy at the end but I had fun. What
wasn't fun were the conditions Sunday.

This year I took a K3 and put it on the passenger seat. It works
a heck of a lot better than the IC-706MkII but will never be a true
mobile (at least in my truck). It does have me thinking
about a KX3 w/amp. Maybe Santa is listening.

Lots of activity from stateside. I thought the DX might open
up when I worked some early EU and JA but it never amounted to much.
A bunch of followers helped. I worked John N6MU first Q out
of the gate plus another 27 times. I think WA2VYA was next with
something like 23. Notables: KH6LC, K9CW, K2SSS, and K4BAI.
There's a bunch of other's as well. I really appreciate the
contacts. I think my detailed schedule might have helped.
I was late to only one stop, Franklin County, because I didn't
consider the need to gas up and get food.

Never once did I get to go ARGHH!! (Saturday was International
Talk like Pirate Day) but I made more SSB Q's than I ever
made with the IC-706.

It was great to visit two teams at the last stop (Blewett Pass)
on the border of Kittitas and Chelan Counties. One team was
was fellow mobilers Randy K7TQ and Jay WA0WWW. Then there was a 4 man
Mike & Key ARC Expedition just a few hundred feet up the hill
with K7ANE, KD7WNV, WA7BRI, and (I think) WA7DY. (Sorry Dave
if I messed that up.)  It was great chatting with them all
even though I remember saying some nonsensical stuff later on.

The Seahawks helped me stay awake on the way home. Too bad, it
didn't turn out better. Looking forward to next year (though not
solo) already.

GO HAWKS!