[3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 00:55:30 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 14:45

   80:   32      19       4     5
   40:   28      14       7     6
   20:  138      26      32    14
   15:   63       4      36    14
   10:    9       1       5     4
-----------------------------------
Total:  270      64      84    43  Total Score = 107,915

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had family come up from Florida to stay with us this weekend so had to slide in
a few hours here and there to work this contest. The bands seemed to be in
pretty good shape, tried to spend as much time as I could on 15 meters to build
up the mults with EU. Did quite a bit of operating in the middle of the night,
and was able to pick up a bunch of multipliers. Started out search and pounce,
but decided to try my luck with running and it paid off well on both 40 and 20
meters. I was watching the Live score server and noticed one of my team-mates
KS4YX Gil slowly creeping up on me with the Q count. Not being able to remain
at the rig due to company really hurt me Q wise, and Gil managed to catch and
pass me, not to mention Gil had a huge lead on me at one point. I have to say,
I struggled to play catch up and it was a battle to the end before I finally
managed to top his score. Very invigorating to say the least, I had a blast.
Nothing like a little inter-club rivalry to make things fun.

Rig Yaesu FT-DX3000
PWR: 100 Watts
ANT: Homebrew 6 band Hex at 20 feet & 272 foot Horizontal Loop at 30 feet