[3830] CQ WW RTTY KD0FW SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd0fw@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KD0FW SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 02:15:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KD0FW
Operator(s): KD0FW
Station: KD0FW

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   80:   52      27        7     7
   40:   79      24       34    16
   20:  168      27       55    25
   15:  164      11       76    29
   10:   25       0       10     7
------------------------------------
Total:  488      89      182    84  Total Score = 396,535

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

This is just basically notes to myself as I will always be there when I need to
refer back to it. It started out ok then Murphy showed up. I was getting RF
into the computer and was doing strange things and caused a computer crash. I
lowered the power and that helped. I had just a few days before raised the legs
and the center of my 40 meter dipole. It played better and lowered the swr but
now have rf in the shack. Then Murphy was there when I started the next day as
the amplifier had problems. I went ahead and ran what I thought was 100 watts
doing search and pounce. Then I realized that I had dropped the power to drive
the amp at 45 watts. I did 800 or so qso's last year but was lower this year as
there is just a lot of things going on. This year it seemed to be a lot of
people that would wait till the big stations put out there call to a cq'ing
station then started with there call. That didn't see very sportsman like but
there was a lot doing it and it seemed slow down rates. I will try hared next
year if the bands will be there!