[3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0C SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY AC0C SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 04:21:09 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37.75
Radios: SO2R

   80:  293       49      22    10
   40:  484       49      57    23
   20: 1040       49      82    29
   15:  996       35      98    29
   10:   26        4       9     8
------------------------------------
Total: 2839      186     268    99  Total Score = 3,505,467

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to everyone who worked me in the contest.  It's always a great weekend
when there's a RTTY contest!

73/jeff/ac0c

The Good Luck
--------------
A **big** thanks to the N1MM guys for their attention to the dueling-CQ
improvements.  That aspect of the logger worked just fantastic!  I sure put it
to a serious test this weekend.  Good job guys.

No equipment failures this time - antennas, rigs and amps just sang sweetly.
For the first time I used a pair of 2-Tone sessions with N1MM on each rig and
that combo proved served great as well.  Thanks to David for 2-Tone.

The first day seemed to have better high band conditions but prop really seemed
odd with long path to Asia open intermittently in the middle of the day.  HS and
VU showed up much earlier in the day than expected; a very nice surprise.  Save
for a bit of 80m QRN on the first day, bands were quiet and SNR generally good.
 A real nice contest experience.

The Bad Luck
------------
The room was a bit warm and I opened the outside door to let some cool air in.
It was not until later than I realized a wasp had come in while the door was
open!  Hunting down and retiring the wasp while running So2r was a new
experience.

QRN from storm activity off to the west limited DX on 80m the first night.  On
the second night, 40m was quiet but 80m seemed really noisy even though the
storm intensity had faded.  It was not until most of the way through the
evening that I had realized the receiving antenna bypass was active meaning the
circle and beverage went unused.  Clearly the bone-headed op error of the
contest.

Shack
Rigs: Yaesu FT-5000 + FT-2000/NS in So2R with HB amps
Antennas: 80m vertical, 40m 4-SQ, 4/4 20m stack, 4/4 15m stack and 10m OWA type
monobanders
RX only: Hi-Z 8-circle + beverage
Others:  Microham SM + MK2R interface and shack control with N1MM+ logger