[3830] CQ WW RTTY N2WQ/VE3 M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1ue@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY N2WQ/VE3 M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 13:12:38 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: N2WQ/VE3
Operator(s): N2WQ W1UW
Station: N2WQ/VE3

Class: M/S LP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  149       48      32    12
   40:  408       50      78    24
   20:  436       45      94    31
   15:  317       26      93    27
   10:   26        5      16    12
------------------------------------
Total: 1336      174     313   106  Total Score = 2,028,653

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Rudy N2WQ and I came up to his Ontario station with the premise of having a fun
weekend.  We brought the high power version of the 4O3A BPFs and Triplexer, and
had every intention of operating in the MS HP category.  Unfortunately, we had a
few equipment problems, so we made the masochistic decision to go after the
Canadian MS LP record of 600K.  We learned a lot about what needs to be done,
not only for further MS efforts, but for SO2R also.

Antennas:KT36XA for 20/15/10M @ 35M
40MLLD for 40M @ 32M
Duo-band dipole @10M for 20/15M
80M: Inv Vee at 30M or Delta Loop, apex at 25M
Station 1: 756ProIII, MK2R+, 2Tone windows
Station 2: K3,TinyFSK, 2Tone and MMTTY windows

The beams are both on the same rotor, which makes it very difficult to run
Europe on 15M and chase 9M2M on 20M at the same time!  We were compromising on
antenna direction all weekend, trying to find a happy medium.  We are now
convinced it doesn't exist.  The biggest issue we may have faced- interstation
interference- we avoided by going LP.  While LP isn't as much fun, i.e. you
have to call some stations a number of times to break the pile-up and the rates
aren't as high), a fun weekend in front of the radio beats a weekend sitting
home watching football.

Still, it was a lot of fun, and (unless someone scored than we did) we should
have a new Canadian MS LP record.  The VC7X crew did a great job from being so
much further west than we were!

Thanks to Rudy N2WQ for the use of his great station!  Thanks to all who dug
our signal up out of the noise.

Dennis W1UE