[3830] TxQP NM5G SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TxQP NM5G SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 14:53:11 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: NM5G
Operator(s): NM5G
Station: NM5G

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Rover
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:         236
   20:         189
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  UHF:
----------------------------
Total:   0     425      0  Mults = 90  Total Score = 100,500

Club: Northwest Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

24000 bonus points for working 5 or more stations from 24 counties.
Brad WD5GNI was driving.  We worked 56 counties and Morroco and Poland.

We took a long route Saturday through East TX and ended up in Panola County at
2100.  So, had to drive back to Houston.  This took over three hours and we got
back to Tomball after midnight.  This was not the plan, but we worked most
counties on our plan.

Sunday we altered the plan to put Blanco County on the air.  This put us north
of San Antonio at 1500.  Again, this was not to plan.  We got back to Tomball
about 1930.

I have not looked at total miles, but it was likely over 1200 total for the two
days.  Brad held up well.  We both got cramps and stiff legs and had to stop
after about each two hours to walk off this old-age problem. <grin>

Overall, we had a blast.  I beat last year's Murphy-filled operation of 280
contacts by 125, for the 425 total in 2015.  Next year the plan will be to work
more counties with less miles.

Thanks for participation from everyone.  Special thanks to NR5M for taking time
to operate his elite station this year.

73, Keith NM5G
2015 TQP Co-coordinator with Chuck N05W