[3830] TxQP W5MF Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fitz6@swbell.net
Subject: [3830] TxQP W5MF Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 19:21:20 +0000
                    Texas QSO Party

Call: W5MF
Operator(s): W5MF
Station: W5MF

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: HARR
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:    0      0      0
   80:    0      0      0
   40:  156    156      0
   20:  105    397      0
   15:   19      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
  UHF:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:  280    553      0  Mults = 180  Total Score = 354,780

Club: NARS

Comments:

Score includes 4500 bonus points for mobiles. I was going to do SO2R, but had an
issue with the audio line, discovered the night before the contest preventing
that from happening. Had filters, radio, and antennas all ready to go. I hate
Murphy.

Bettered my score by almost 50K from last year, but was hoping to do 1200+ Q's
and 250 or more multiplier, came up short. Need to put some isolation
transformers in line.

Band conditions were pretty bad and lots of noise level due to storms just off
the coast near me on Saturday and plenty of rain static on Sunday made it
difficult to work stations. Sorry to all those that I didn't hear. Local noise
in town has been a problem, but am working with a Timewave ANC-4, which helped,
but needs improvements with a better noise antenna.

Station is a K3/Drake L7 with LPan and a Kenwood TS2000/Drake L7, yes I have
two Drake L7's, which are oldys but goodies.

Thanks for the contacts and especially the mobiles. Worked 118 of the 254
counties. Really appreciated the mobiles coming down on 40M. Could not hear any
mobiles on 20M, they were too close I guess, or I just missed them.

Marty W5MF (Mike Fox)