[3830] CQ WW RTTY KU2M SOSB/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY KU2M SOSB/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2015 19:37:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: KU2M
Operator(s): KU2M
Station: KU2M

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: WAYNE, NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 27

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1393      36      98    31
   10:
-----------------------------------
Total: 1393      36      95    31  Total Score = 618,750

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

My first CQWW RTTY venture, and second RTTY contest effort. As I'm sure many
will agree, I find RTTY not as involving as phone and CW, and certainly a
different experience. For one thing, it's really great not having to wear
headphones the whole weekend! On the other hand, the point and click experience
can become a bit mechanical, but then there are the subtelties, like becoming a
DX Detective assembling real calls out of long character strings of gibberish.
it reminded me of those brain teaser word puzzles, and introduced me to new
realms of mental challenges of an otherwise dull weekend. What it all means is
that it's a new way to generate broken calls!

Although condx to east Asia were down, and representation in general sparser
than in phone and CW, it's nice to be able to work USA and Canada and there
seemed plenty of activity to keep one busy. Actually, I was surprised at just
how many DX stations were taking part and how the activity on 15M spanned
almost 100 kHz of the band, all the way up to 21.150 and higher! The challenge
on 15M are the nearby states and provinces just past groundwave, and I never
thought Michigan would be more difficult to work than China.

On the whole, nothing much to complain about; nothing broke (for a change), and
 although solar flux wasn't very high, it was adequate to provide reasonably
good signals from most parts of the world. Thanks to CQ for their sponsorship
of these great contests, and to all the USA, Canadian and DX stations that
called in.