[3830] CQ WW RTTY PJ6A(@PJ6/NM1Y) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, Tim.k5ac@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY PJ6A(@PJ6/NM1Y) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2015 11:42:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: PJ6A
Operator(s): NM1Y K5AC WB0TEV
Station: PJ6/NM1Y

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Saba
Operating Time (hrs): 48

   80:  137       41      34    11
   40:  482       51      58    17
   20:  925       52      80    28
   15: 1414       52      85    28
   10:  248       40      44    16
------------------------------------
Total: 3206      236     301   100  Total Score = 5,239,962

Club:

Comments:

Equipment: Kenwood TS-590 and Yaesu FT-757GX-II
Antennas: Cushcraft A3@20', 40m dipole, 80m Inverted Vee, 6BTV vertical
Logging: N1MM+

This was our first attempt at CQWW RTTY, we broke the World Record in the ARRL
DX SSB M/S LP last year from the same QTH.  We went in trying to do the same
for this contest and think we succeeded!  Planning started in May/June of this
year with our slate of experienced RTTY ops, several others had prior
commitments, so we put out a public plea for another operator, but we had no
serious inquiries.  We settled on just the three of us.  Jeff-NM1Y was fresh
off the K1N-Navassa DXpedition as a RTTY op, Victor-WB0TEV had recently
operated 3DA0ET and Tim-K5AC had operated RTTY on the K5D DXpedition.

We started off strong on 20m and had good rates on 40, not so productive on 80.
 Conditions seemed much better on Day 1 compared to Day 2.  We had very good
runs on 20, 15 and even 10 the next morning.  We got better and better at
passing mults as the contest progressed.  Conditions to Europe were quite good
on 15, 20 and 40.  Day 2 we noted a "marked" reduction in run rates,
but we're very pleased with the results to that point.  With 12 hours left in
the contest we surpassed the North American record and we're hoping to quickly
surpass the World Record, but it did not come quickly.  A nice run of JA's and
some last minute double Mults helped us end with a new World Record of 5,24M
that we hope stands.

Thanks to everyone that stopped by to work us (many on multiple bands), we look
forward to operating this one next year!

We caught an awesome view of the lunar eclipse from the beach, just after the
contest.