[3830] Oceania SSB N1RR(@K1TTT) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1rr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] Oceania SSB N1RR(@K1TTT) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 17:30:51 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, Phone

Call: N1RR
Operator(s): N1RR
Station: K1TTT

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: MA
Operating Time (hrs): 5
Remote Operation

  160:
   80:   2     2
   40:  36     9
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  36     9  Total Score = 1,620

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

To work USA station: Please operate above 7127.5 on LSB. We can not have any
part of our signal below 7125 therefore when using LSB frequency selection
should begin with 7127.5 and up.

Prepared a remote operation of K1TTT from my home 120 miles away. System has
200 ms of latency. Wanted to try 75M or 40M single band entry. Heard no one on
20M and very few on 75M during the first 5 hours. I did work VK4HH and ZL1YE on
75M.
Lots of QRN and WX static at times. I was only active during the first 5
hours.

Heard about 12 to 15 different YB stations on 40 SSB but no QSO.
Path to YB changes often. Beam headings were Skew path to YB-land which varied
between 200 degs to 270 degs. I did not observe direct path propagation prior
to 1200Z.

Operator at YB1AR was peaking up to RS 57 here but was talking too quickly and
many people were doubling with him because he would transmit too soon over the
callers.
YD2OXV was peaking up to RS 57 here but was talking too quickly.
YD9SBP was peaking up to RS 55 here but was talking too quickly.
YD8TZF was peaking up to RS 45 here.

Also heard: YB3FBZ, YB8IBD, YB9WZJ, YD9RWY, YB1FWO, YC1DPM, YD4IRS, YB8RW,
YB1KI, YD8ROY, YB9GV, YD1FHC.

Heard P29LL on CW and the E51's, but they were not active on SSB.

I'll actually be in the shack at K1TTT for next weeksend's CW event

80M TX: 4-Square (Rohn-25G towers), Inverted Vee @ 150ft.
80M RX: Three 2-wire 600ft beverages with pre-amps & BPFs

40M TX: 3L/3L M2 yagis @ 180ft/90ft
40M RX: 6L 40M GP RX Array by WW2Y - Peter Hutter, plus Three 2-wire 600ft
beverages with pre-amps & BPFs

-Charlie N1RR

Our teammate Mike Perry, WM1K is still fighting cancer. He's has spent many
weeks in Hospital since June as a result of the side effects of the treatments.
Please consider donating to help Mike :
http://www.gofundme.com/ud52jzeh9