[3830] CaQP N1CC SO(A)Fixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP N1CC SO(A)Fixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2015 22:45:56 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SO(A)Fixed LP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:    4      0
   80:   26     19
   40:   67     57
   20:  124    186
   15:   69    208
   10:    3      0
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3/100 at 100W.  Antennas:  F12 C-3 @ 64', 80/40 Fan Dipole at
50' broadside E/W.  Inverted L 50' vertical with 2 elevated radials.  RX antenna
PRO-1B Loop. WriteLog Version 11.29B seems to show people as DUPES that are not
dupes, and some DUPES don't show up as such... a new revision on WriteLog
hopefully will speak to that issue also.

Conditions were pretty good Saturday, and less so on Sunday for me.  I could
work a few folks on 10M Saturday, and could not hear any of the folks on
Sunday.

The workhorse continued to be 20M with 310 contacts.  15M was second best with
277 contacts. This should have been better, however, ran out of stations on CW
and that affects points a lot.  40M produced 124 contacts and was open early on
Saturday and late in morning well after sunrise here Sunday morning. Next was 80
Meters, performance very good in pile ups -- I am guessing the propagation made
that happen.  160M heard 8 stations, able to work 4 of them.  10 Meters on
Saturday not many came to the opening, so not many worked.

I missed MEND for the first time in years, so no sweep.  I did work the Gold
Rush station, except for the one that was at a disaster preparedness fair, it
must have been a "disaster" for ham radio, as they were never heard
and I did not see them spotted (K6D).

Given the expected erratic conditions I decided to enter the new SOLP Assisted
class.  I would not have done well with QRP and no spotting... Noted extensive
intentional jamming from the SSTV denizens on 20 Meters... they actually are on
tape following people around "their" frequency and dumping sync
signals, no pictures.  I am of the opinion that SSTV belongs on the Citizens
Radio Services, given the childish behavior they exhibited.  (I did not call CQ
in "their" space, however, I responded to CA stations that had.)

Also noted that several stations were caught up in the clutter from the TX3X
DXpedition, hard to avoid since they are on near to the "windows'
specified by the CQP Sponsors ... unavoidable.

Sunday's solar treat was an whiteout for about 30 minutes 1615-1645 UTC will
difficult noise and low signals the rest of Sunday.

See you guys next year in the CQP!