[3830] CaQP VE9AA SOFixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP VE9AA SOFixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 2015 23:23:12 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOFixed QRP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): .01

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:   1      1
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:   1      1  Mults = 1  Total Score = 1

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Saw some of your comments on 3830.  Those guys aren’t interested in what I am
going to tell you, so thought I might just pass it on to some good guys in
California who might possibly have the ear of
some of the CaQP folks in charge.

We in (ahem) “MAR” have had that moniker forced upon us for decades. There
is no “MAR” except in the minds of RAC. It is a valid “section” but
only on paper.  There is no map which OFFICIALY combines provinces to form a
place called “MAR”… And ARRL emulates that for a select 1 or 2 contests.
ARRL refuses to budge on “MAR” (even though for most of their contests they
allow us to send our own provinces.  Weird.

The CaQP folks call us “MR” (so be it).  If the guys out here sent
“MAR” this past weekend it was because they were used to Sweepstakes or the
one or two other contests which still exist worldwide that stick us into that
fake category.

I love the California folks.  It’s a very nice 2 hop from here accessible on
all bands, but I (and some others) won’t be playing in any more CaQP’s
until I get to sign “NB” (which is where I actually am!).\
It’s not a threat (I know I am not that important)  and I am sure nobody
“really” cares if they work a VE9, a VE1 or a VY2 in the CaQP, so long as
they snag one…..any one.  It can however explain why there are so few MR
(MAR?) stns who historically play in your admittedly most excellent contest.
Remember NA SPRINT SSB?  They gave us all a fair shake and enrollement in that
contest went up.  WAY UP !

Some of us out here don’t care what they sign (NB/MR/MAR./….doesn’t
matter...  That’s fine.  Everyone is entitled to their opinion.  A lot of us
however do not like the label.  We are the only ARRL/RAC division who has
states/provinces combined.  The ONLY one.

Imagine if all W7’s had to sign “PNW”……how many 7’s would you have
playing?

73 …de Mike VE9AA “NB”