[3830] CaQP W6R(N6ED) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6ed@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6R(N6ED) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2015 21:03:13 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6R
Operator(s): N6ED
Station: K6NA

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: SDIE
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    37
   80:   114    127
   40:   240    287
   20:   322    860
   15:   230    279
   10:    71     42
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1014   1595  Mults = 58  Total Score = 361,456

Club: San Diego Contest Club

Comments:

First of all, I want to thank my wonderful hosts Glenn and Jane for the high
quality hospitality, for which I'm truly grateful for.  Secondly, I want to
thank the NCCC for always hosting a 1st class event.  Third, John K6MM and the
crew for putting in all the extra effort to make the 50th running and GOLD RUSH
event such a success.

This year was a big question mark for me as I came into the contest with 0
preparation and had worked a grueling week at work with little sleep.  I missed
last year due to illness so the rust was definitely going to show.  I found out
that Glenn had just changed out his transceivers a couple days prior to the
contest to radios I've never even seen before, and oh oh, there's 2 of them!  I
fumbled around with them a few minutes before turning in on Friday night and
then got in the chair a few minutes early to brush up and then the bell rang!
I had an excellent first hour and all was working fine so I settled into the
rhythm and cruised.  The equipment worked flawlessly and the operator didn't
smoke anything so I was pleased.

The contest itself did not seem atypical to me.  The conditions on the high
bands were certainly depressed and I was sad that 10m didn't open for more than
a few weak QSO's to W4 on Saturday.  The low bands did show some life with a few
east coast guys making it easily into the log on 160.  K9CT's TB signal was
impressive, WTG Craig!!
Rare mults for the weekend were NT(2) VT(2), UT and NE were not far behind.
I'm guessing we need a grassroots effort to stir up activity in VT.  I have
historically always had a hard time getting one in the log in this contest.  I
don't know why!
Apologies to K6Z for stealing your VE8 caller, you just weren't noticing him
calling you endlessly, so I just *had* to call him for my last multiplier,
thank you!!
By Saturday night, I was just barely over my best rate ever so I was optimistic
I could pour on the gas Sunday and do well.
Sunday, I felt good (surprisingly on only 2 hours sleep) and put the pedal to
the metal and finished strong.  The 10m opening was brief but gave me needed
life to score my best over in this contest.

If you are interested in a tour of K6NA, see my aerial tour on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbR2AAxUuB0

Thank you again for all your QSOs and see you in SS in November and CQP next
year!

73m Craig N6ED