[3830] CaQP W6AQ(N6AN) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, davidchodge@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6AQ(N6AN) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 23:51:30 +0000
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6AQ
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: W6AQ

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: LANG
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    0      0
   80:  123    111
   40:  238    283
   20:  328    310
   15:  226    190
   10:   75     30
    6:    0      0
    2:    0      0
--------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Many thanks to Dave Bell, W6AQ, for the lend of his fine station.
(K3, KPA500, Steppir DB36/80M, N1MM.)
A big congratulations to the NCCC and CQP crew for putting on a fabulous 50th
edition of the contest.
Conditions were punk for most of the weekend. Big EU stations had QRP signals.
20 and 15 phone were quite noisy and on Saturday I struggled to get answers and
hold a frequency. Leaving 20 after only 30 minutes may have cost me VE8/VY1 but
the rate was suffering. Another possibility is I didn't hear them when they
called. VT(1), NE(1), PQ(2) and MR(2) were the squeaker mults. More than 70 ON
called in, though and 100+ TX.
It was fascinating to hear how 15 propagation would roll up and down, from
noise
to good signals and CQ answers.
40 played pretty well, and 80 was more fun than I'd anticipated.
It was a treat to have the short Sunday 10 meter opening. I did not catch the
Saturday opening.
It was hard to stay in the chair around 19Z and I burned an extra hour
motivating myself to finish.
Thank you all for the QSOs.
It was a "GOLD" RUSH.
73,