[3830] Oceania CW K5YAA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5yaa@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] Oceania CW K5YAA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 16:33:30 +0000
                    Oceania DX Contest, CW

Call: K5YAA
Operator(s): K5YAA
Station: K5YAA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OK
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0
   80:    5     3
   40:   46    19
   20:    4     3
   15:   33    17
   10:   14     6
-------------------
Total:  103    48  Total Score = 17,472

Club: Oklahoma DX Association

Comments:

I didn't have the list of countries in Oceania in front of me but figured surely
Chesterfield Is. was on that "continent". N1MM+ didn't give credit for
the first Q I had with TX3X on 80 but I wasn't deterred so when I heard them on
40 and 15 I went ahead and made a Q. TX3X was not handing out serial numbers
but as with V73NS and T2GC I went ahead and put in #1 for each Q. The rules
talk about stations not handing out serial numbers so I used that rule. The log
checkers can straighten me out if I strayed.

V73NS spotted a message to me on DXWatch saying K5YAA check the rules. Don't
know why I needed to check the rules since I already had before the test got
underway. Very slim participation from entities other than VK and ZL and even
those two countries only had 8 or 10 stalwarts that showed up on every band.
Still fun to work the Pacific as it seems that part of the world is farther
away from the US than anywhere else in the world. Of course not true but it
just seems that way so working VK and ZL is always a treat. A few KH6 types for
prefix multipliers showed on each band. WH7W maybe the coolest and missed NH7AA
who was calling another station. Could not get his attention by slipping up
half a KC and CQing. Like them double A call signs.

A rather interesting contest and one that needs more participation to state it
mildly. Nonetheless a good test for equipment and propagation tests.

Thanks to the sponsors for their efforts. They have one heck of a list of
plaques.

73 - Jerry K5YAA

Rig: K3, Alpha 9500, Force 12 8el 10, 6el 15, 6el 20, 3el 40 and plain 'ol wire
Vees on 80 and 160 at 80' and now a performing DX Engineering 4 square receiving
system. My ears are almost as big as my mouth now due to that 4 square addition.