[3830] NyQP K3CCR M/MMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NyQP K3CCR M/MMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 13:56:40 +0000
                    New York QSO Party

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): K3DI N3UM W3GB
Station: K3CCR

Class: M/MMixed HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 8.3

  160:
   80:   36     47
   40:   47     72
   20:    3
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
----------------------------
Total:   86    119      0  Mults = 53  Total Score = 15,243

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community at FM 18OW in MD, just east of DC. We enter
QSO parties in nearby states to spread the word that here
retirees can continue serious ham radio after downsizing. See
our page on www.qrz.com for details.  Our NYQP operation this
year had a "tag-team" flavor: 3 ops were available for a few
hours each.  We still got on for 8.3 hours and were pleased to
make twice as many QSOs as last year in 53 counties, vs 40 in
2014, for nearly twice the claimed score. As expected, nearly all
QSOs were on 40 and 80 m. on CW and SSB.  We were surprised that
few NY stations were on 80 before dark, despite excellent or
good propagation for both modes on 80 to MD and other nearby
states with lots of hams during all 12 hours of the NYQP.
We will be back next year.