[3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, peter@w2irt.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W2IRT SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 00:07:52 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W2IRT
Operator(s): W2IRT
Station: W2IRT

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NNJ
Operating Time (hrs): 35

  160:    0
   80:  184    12       53
   40:  229    22       85
   20:  497    35      121
   15:  430    34      112
   10:  607    28      113
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

First major contest with the K3 and what a big difference. Radio and computer
were flawless, antennas and rotor performed well and I spent an extra two hours
in the chair than usual. I did have a small amp problem; when I put the K3S into
"Tune" mode on 10m the fuses in the AL-1200 blow, even at low drive.
If I whistle or use CW it's fine. <shrug>. Good to know but not a big
deal.

What was very evident from the get-go was how much improved the station is
after the full internal rewiring job I did over the summer. I'd wanted to
replace the feedlines and rotor cable this fall but I just didn't have the
budget for it. Next year for sure.

Propagation was good on the upper bands, 40 was decent too, but 80 was kinda
lousy, especially on Friday night. It improved a bit on Saturday. I didn't even
bother with 160.

All in all a good contest but I think this may be my last serious effort as a
single-op; I want to go M/S here if I can get ops to venture this far into
North Jersey. See everyone next month in CQWW-CW as VE3THX from Toronto. GO
FRC!