[3830] CQWW SSB N3RS SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N3RS SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 04:01:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 35.8
Radios: SO2R

  160:    5     4        3
   80:  164    17       69
   40:  285    24       86
   20:  679    36      131
   15:  799    34      123
   10:  832    29      120
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Surprisingly good high band conditions, but 160 and 80 meters were not very
good.  Took rest breaks for 4 hours the first night and 5 hours the second
night.  One short break during Saturday afternoon and my usual 2+ hours for
church on Sunday.  SSB is not my mode, but I must admit that near the end I was
beginning to feel like I was able to copy weak signals in the muck of SSB
signals much better.  Had some jerks intentionally interfere with me for about
an hour and a half on Sunday afternoon, but was able to stay put and just
ignore them.  Hopefully it frustrated them while I was able to keep the rate
above one a minute on 20M.  This is a personal best score for me as a SOA on
SSB.  Am beginning to get the hang of SO2R, but it's awfully late in life!

My thanks to the sponsors and to all the stations that hung in there with me
when QSB was really bad.

73's to all.

de Sig, N3RS